A sketch mock up for slide scroolling game test I did couple while ago, done in 15 hours. I also record behind the making video and it's available on youtube or you can click the link bellow.
1. How do you control the game?
- Virtual button or joystick (the character will move to right and left also up and down with a stairs or other environment)- Sprint button (character will need to run to avoid the enemy on the game)
- Touch to interact (touch to interact function when the character is needed to interact with the environment).
2. Who is the game’s Target Market ?
- PG 7.
3. What is the gameplay ?
- You will play as a monk/sage/saint/priest that have a job to free the trapped souls on Limbo.
- Floor is wall and wall is floor, the character can go towards wall and the wall will become floor but not the character who will rotate but the environment.
- If the character touched by the enemy (white spirit on the mock up) the character will die or lose the health (refs PAC MAN) thats why the sprint button is very important in the game but the sprint will have a limit so the player need to have a tactics to stay alive.
- Collective item and item puzzle can be collected and will be stored in the inventory and the item will needed to complete the level (refs MACHINARIUM).
- Lightened the altar and escape, player need to lightened all the altar that available in the current levels if all the altar have lightened all the spirit will fade or released (the animation probably will have more choices) player will need to go to escape the limbo.
4. What are the reference for the art style ?
- Detailed minimalist, reference like Journey, Limbo, monument valley, with Rayman adventure render.
Behind the making:
So finally I upload this artwork, this was part of my study and personal work, I've always wanted to do this kind of art and here it is!
A city concept I made for my very own project, fantasy near futuristic city on a parallel universe during colonialism if it’s still exist. The project itself I called "SIXTH HAVEN", I have this concept idea for backstory of game or film. I was inspired by Daniel Jose Cabrera Pena's art style, he chatted me a while ago and give me a compliment for one of work that I did for GW, I'm satisfied and really want to make more of this.
Concept art, logo and assets I did for MMORPG called Tales of Rhayne, I also made their game user interface and web design. We were small team working online for this game, you can download the game, sign up for Alpha and see the progress of this game from our website. You can also join the forum and discuss about the game.Visit our website here : http://torthegame.com/
Couple Illustration and Map I painted for Games Workshop, 2 Illustration above was a freelance test and then I got the job for making their assets, item, and map in the bellow in 2015-2016.Images © Games Workshop Ltd. Special thanks to: Darius Hinks, Sophie Williams, Sarah, and Lynne Gardner.